Merry Christmas

It is the eve of Christmas Eve. The night before the celebration truly begins.
Jared is hard at work to ensure his workload is lighter tomorrow and Jackson is upstairs sleeping. I have a few minutes before I become too exhausted to walk upstairs to bed. I have had an exciting weekend with lots of shopping and family time.

I have a couple of Christmas cards to finish and send out, but those will obviously go out after Christmas with a short note about my procrastination. I have tried diligently to complete tasks right away because I know as soon as Jackson needs me, I drop everything to pick him up and tend to his needs.

This Christmas will no doubt be a special one. With Jackson around, everything is special and new. He gives life a new twist. He makes you think about the simplicity and awe of life. He is giggling, rolling all over the place, and just loving life. My favorite thing about him is when he just watches what is going on. He seems to just be taking in as much as he can and loving every bit of life. He loves to put his hand on your face as you feed him-as if to take in the details of who you are. He is pure and so full of love. He reminds me to take life in and enjoy each part of it. He makes me appreciate quality time. I love to watch Jared interact with Jackson. It is a completely different kind of interaction than what Jackson has with other people. He seems to know that Jared is his dad and just loves to give him kisses and just spend time with him. Jared is definitely the best dad! He tunes everything else out and just loves on Jackson.

God has definitely blessed us with an amazing gift. We have our work cut out for us as parents of Jackson-God has given us a great responsibility to raise Jackson as a strong Christian and we plan to do our best at guiding him in God's ways. I truly believe that God has something HUGE in store for our family and I can't wait to watch it all unfold throughout the coming days and years.

May God bless each and everyone of you with a very Merry Christmas and a fabulous new year!!

No comments: